LVL is Laminated Veneer Lumber, and one of the most popular timber products for projects requiring high-strength materials.
This engineered wood is made of thin layers of timber joined with adhesive, then heated and bonded under pressure. It’s mostly used for structural builds which require floor joists, headers, beams, rafters and edge-forming material. The cross lamination of the layered veneers reduces the effects of cupping in high moisture environments.
As it is an engineered timber product, it can be made to almost any length and is comparable in strength to solid timber, while offering good integrity and reliability.
Swadlings proudly stock SmartLVL 15 & 14, engineered for greater strength. The proprietary mix of veneers in this LVL create a smaller cross section across the same span, when compared to other LVL sizes. SmartLVL15 is one of the strongest mass produced LVL in the Australian market.
SmartLVL 15 & 14 come with a clear short-term water repellent, H20 Shield™. This is a high penetrating water-based surface treatment, formulated to repel rain during storage and construction. H20 Shield™ is paintable with acrylic or oil based coatings, and gluable using standard construction adhesives.
All SmartLVL products come as H2S treated as standard for termite protection south of the Tropic of Capricorn (south of Rockhampton, QLD), or they can be H2 (for north of Tropic of Capricorn) or H3 treated.
- 90mm x 42mm – Available up to 6m
- 130mm x 42mm – Available up to 6m
- 140mm x 42mm – Available up to 6m
- 150mm x 42mm– Available up to 6m
- 170mm x 42mm – Available up to 6m
- 190mm x 42mm – Available up to 6m
- 200mm x 42mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 240mm x 42mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 300mm x 42mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 360mm x 42mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 150mm x 58mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 200mm x 58mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 240mm x 58mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 300mm x 58mm – Available up to 7.2m
- 360mm x 58mm – Available up to 7.2m
Other available sizes can be found here: SmartLVL 14 and 15 information
Custom sizes available upon request. Also available in LVL scaffolding, plank and formwork sections.
You can view the 2019 SmartLVL 14/15 brochure here.